Bridging Theory and Practice
The Sign Research Foundation is committed to promoting a collaborative community between academics, community managers, landscape architects, and urban planners. We are pleased to offer a scholarship to 50 diverse practitioners selected to attend the 2018 National Sign Research & Education Conference co-located with ISA Sign Expo. The program will take place on March 21-22, 2018 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.
This unique program allows for high-level collaboration between top tier academics and diverse practitioners with an interest in the regulation, conspicuity, design, placement, and effectiveness of sign systems and visual communication elements in an urban environment.
Once accepted into the program, participants will receive:
- Free entry to NSREC (a $250 value)
- Two (2) nights of hotel stay (March 20, March 21).
- Free entry to the ISA Sign Expo trade show floor
- 50% discount on all ISA Sign Expo education sessions (including sessions on digital signage, wayfinding, accessibility, urban communication, and retail sign strategies.)
- $250 stipend towards travel costs upon completion of the full program.
- Guided tours of the trade show floor focusing on innovative materials and technology.
- Exclusive invitation to private reception with the foundation leadership.
- First look at the newest Sign Research Foundation white papers and academic research.
Criteria for Application
The Sign Research Foundation wants to provide an opportunity for emerging professionals to experience the breadth of inspirational, experiential and practical education in one event. Therefore, we give preference to graduate students or those applicants who have fewer than seven (7) years of practical experience in their field. The scholarship is open to urban planners, landscape architects, code officials, community managers, and graduate students in urban planning, architecture, design, art, marketing/business, engineering, law, and other related disciplines.
All accepted participants must commit to:
- Being present for the full program (March 21 – March 22)
- Actively engaging and participating at round table exercises and sponsored events.
- Completing an evaluation about your experience after the event.